Wednesday 26 October 2011

Scones!

Now, I love cooking, as I have said before, but something I have never made successfully up until today, but, I had bought some clotted cream, and expensive jam, so thought I'd best give it a go again!. I decided to google 'scone recipes' and start at the top and keep trying till I made some half decent ones. So I did this one http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4622/classic-scones-with-jam-and-clotted-cream  and Lo and Behold.....beautiful light, fluffy scones!
Thats not mine, but they looked just the same!!!! couldnt believe it...been trying for 30 years at least, and at last I cracked it.....the noises coming from hubby and son as they munched were very pleasing, and then to cap it all, Hubby told me his mum would have enjoyed them, and my lovely mum in law was the scone queen. So a compliment indeed.
Problem is I only made a small batch, so may have to put it on my list of things to do tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment