Wednesday 12 October 2011

Cooking!!!

I love cooking, it is one of my greatest pleasures. I'm not so good at recipes, though I can do it, but i like just chucking a few things into a pan, and seeing how it comes out.
This was tonights effort, a risotto, with leek, scallops, prawns and cherry tomatoes, and a hint of chilli...yummy. Didnt measure anything, just guessed it, but it seemed to work out ok, and was extremely comforting after a hectic day.
If I had time, I would cook lovely stuff every day, I mean, theres always a cake in the tin, and we always have dinner, but sausage egg and chips isnt very technical...although it is hubbys fave!!

I worked in various pub/restaurants, and picked up loads of tips from the chefs, I loved being in a pro kitchen, watching and learning. I love cookery programmes, and cookery books.
Dont get me wrong, I have had my disasters as well...ask the kids about my baked Alaska...about 15 years ago...yes it ended up in a pool on the bottom of the oven ,but hey ( havent made it since).


Home made soup was on the menu today as well, for my sister- n-laws lunchtime visit tomorrow. A mix of vegetables, chopped, potato, carrot, sweet potato, onion, leek...sweated in a little butter, then covered with boiling water, a large pinch of mixed herbs,and some organic veg stock, some red lentils, frozen peas and sweetcorn, then simmered till tender. Then I blend half of it, to thicken, and Voila!!!!!

Comfort food at its best...and all wholesome.....believe me, I have been known to indulge in fast food, and enjoy it occasionally, but theres nothing like tasty homecooked food to put a smile on my face

No comments:

Post a Comment